In order to further promote the undertakings of the education of foreign students in Heilongjiang province, the Heilongjiang provincial government has established the “International Scholarship Students under the Heilongjiang Provincial Government Scholarship” program. This program is aiming to support Heilongjiang Provincial colleges and universities designated to recruit international students who come for undergraduate and postgraduate studies. Harbin University of Science and Technology (HUST) is admitting international students under Heilongjiang Provincial Government Scholarship Program.
Heilongjiang Provincial Government Scholarship Program does not provide Chinese make-up courses, it only requires the applicants entering their studies have a basic command of Chinese. If the applicants have no foundation in Chinese they will only be permitted to enter the Bachelor Degree program. Harbin University of Science and Technology has two bachelor major courses: a 4-year International Chinese Language Education program and a 5-year International Economics and Trade program。
1. How to apply and application Deadline
The applicants should apply to Harbin University of Science and Technology in their home country before April 10. Application and registration information can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health and cannot be helped with any other coinciding scholarships.
2. Applicants must not be currently studying in Chinese universities.
(The students who have graduated from Chinese universities for more than one academic year are allowed)
3. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for bachelors degree studies must have a high school transcript and be under the age of 25
- Applicants for master degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for Doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
3. Details of the Scholarship
Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, fee for basic learning materials, intramural accommodation and insurance;
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship that are beyond the university’s arrangements should be afforded by the student himself.
2) Fee for basic learning materials covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution, and other materials shall be self afforded.
3) International travel cost and living expense: not covered.
4) Students who cannot speak Chinese very well require elementary Chinese study prior to the major study, the scholarship does not include the duration of elementary Chinese study, and the students need pay all expenses by themselves.
5) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China is against diseases and accidents. The HUST is entitled to ask for compensation on the payment receipts from the insurance company for the expenses generated from hospitalizing for serious diseases or from accidental injury according to the stipulated insurance articles
4. Application documents
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (two copies in duplicate).
1、Application of Heilongjiang university Provincial Scholarship form, completed in either Chinese or English both accepted:
2、Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they should also provide documents of being university students or on-post employees. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
3、 Student records as well as HSK records
4, Student studying and research plan. Applicants can use either Chinese or English to give a detailed report about their study and research plan (enclose documents)
5、 Applicants for postgraduate or masters program must provide at least two recommendation letters from professors or teaching assistants in either English or Chinese.
6.、Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
Aforementioned applicants have until April 10 of that year to submit applications. Whether it’s filled in properly or not, no application documents will be returned.
5. Approval and Notification
1、Applicants may check the application process and results via email. Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges, Harbin University of Science and Technology, and email for consulting is：email@example.com.
2、Harbin University of Science and Technology will receive and review application documents and forward to Education Section of Heilongjiang Province.
3、Qualified applicants will receive their “Admission Notice”, “Enrollment Instructions”, and “visa application form for study in China” (JW202) at the beginning of July. Enrolled students must arrive at HUST and register by the end of August as requested.